The BRCAnalysis® from Myriad Genetics (+20 years of experience in the sector) is a genetic hereditary test for Breast and/or ovarian cancer (BRCAs) confirming mutations in BRCA1 and/or BRCA2 genes being these mutations responsible for most hereditary breast and ovary cancer. People with these mutations have a up to 87% risk of breast cancer and up to 44% of developing ovary cancer before age 70. This type of cancer accounts for 25% of all new cases being the mostly sporadic and 10% of hereditary origin. It is a service widely spread as it uses the proven technology of NGS of exons and adjacent intronic regions together with studies of rearrangement of exons.
- It confirms the presence of BRCA1 and/or BRCA2 including:
Breast, includes invasive cancer and ductal carcinoma (IDC).
Ovarian, includes ovarian epithelial cancer, Fallopian tubes cancer and peritoneal primary cancer.
- Helps to reduce cancer risk and delay its appearance.
- Facilitates the detection of cancer at an early and more responsible stage. It can provide useful information for possible risk reduction, as it is Prophylactic surgery for carriers.
- Suitable for individuals with a familial branch cancer history (1st, 2nd or 3rd degree by the mother or father line)
- Reliable result. Company with the lowest VUS rate of the World 0’01%, in case of doubt the FULL price will be returned.
- The test has a sensitivity of 99’99%.
- The kit uses total peripheral blood or saliva.
- Results available from 20 days (14 days in more than 90% of cases) with shipping at room temperature.
Pre and post-test comprehensive genetic counseling by our technicians with advanced specific training and facilitate informed decision-making for each patient.