The DNArterial® from Heart Genetics is a genetic test for hereditary Arterial Hypertension (AHTN), new in the world, related with the genetic risk of Essential Hypertension and Associates Cardiovascular Episodes. This kind of heart disease have a global estimated prevalence of 40% in adults over 25 years as the leading cause of worldwide heart failure deaths either directly or indirectly from cardiovascular events, stroke, etc. It is a widely tested service as it uses the Genotyping technology iPlex MassArray equipment Thermo Scientific™.
- Analyzes 37 genes and 57 genetic variants distinguish between people with high or low hypertension risk at an early stage, especially important for patients at low genetic risk.
- Indicated for people with personal or familial hypertension history
- Suitable for individuals with no ancestry of AHTN but exposed to environmental risk factors such as rich salt diet, fast food abuse, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, alcoholism, anxiety, stress.
- 82% accuracy in the Personalized Individual Risk Classification of disease.
- Detailed diagnosis of AHTN with assistance to clinical evaluation.
- Helps to establish therapeutic measures and identifies relatives with increased risk.
- The test has an accuracy of 99%.
- The kit uses total peripheral blood (4 mL or 2x3mL EDTA or CITRATE tubes) or Saliva to perform genotyping in multiple chip
- Results available from 10 days with delivery at room temperature
EVALUATION REPORT INCLUDES:
- Pharmacogenetic effect of anti-hypertensive agents.
Pre and post-test comprehensive genetic counseling by our technicians with advanced specific training and facilitate informed decision-making for each patient.